- Size: Make sure the cowhide rugs you buy is the right size by measuring the space where you want to put it.
- Quality: Verify the quality of the hide to make sure it is soft, supple, and long-lasting.
- Texture: Choose your preferred texture, which can range from short hair to long hair to smooth or rough finishes.
- Origin: Make sure you buy a rug that was ethically sourced after taking into consideration where it was sourced.
- Cleaning: Make sure you can keep the hide clean and maintain its quality by reading the cleaning instructions.
How to Care for Your Cow Hide Rugs
Cowhide Rugs are a great way to give any room a natural, rustic look. With proper care and upkeep, they can be a long-lasting and fashionable addition. How to properly care for your cowhide rugs is as follows:
Regularly vacuum. It is essential to vacuum your rug regularly to keep it clean. In addition to assisting in preventing the rug from becoming matted and worn down, vacuuming will get rid of dirt and dust that has become entangled in its fibers. When vacuuming your rug, use the brush attachment to ensure thoroughness.
Spot-clean any spills right away. When there is a spill on your cowhide rug, you need to act quickly and cleanly blot the area. Don’t rub the spill because doing so could cause more damage to the rug’s fibers.
Avoid the sun’s rays. Your rug should be kept away from direct sunlight and strong artificial light sources because sunlight can fade it and damage it.
Use a barrier. Spraying your cowhide rug with a fabric protectant regularly is a good idea if it is in a place where it gets a lot of foot traffic. As a result, it will appear fresher for longer.
Has it been cleaned by a professional? It’s best to hire a professional to clean your rug if it gets too dirty or stained. This will guarantee that the rug is thoroughly cleaned without causing additional damage.
Questions About Cow Hide Rugs
How should a cowhide rug be cared for?
A: Rugs made of cowhide should be regularly vacuumed and cleaned with a damp cloth to get rid of dust and dirt. Since getting the rug wet can cause the hide to shrink or crack, it’s critical to keep it dry. If the hide does get wet, it should be dried in a dry, well-ventilated location by hanging it to dry. Spot cleaning with water and a mild soap is best if the hide becomes stained.
Q: Are cowhide rugs long-lasting?
A: Rugs made of cowhide are known to last for years when properly cared for and maintained. They are extremely durable.
Q: Can a cowhide rug be used in my home?
A: You can use cowhide rugs in any room of your house, yes. They are ideal for bringing warmth and texture to any space.